Here are events scheduled Saturday, Oct. 4, to Friday, Oct. 10.
All events are free, so take a look -- and don't you dare say there's nothing to do in Pasadena!
Jimetta Rose will perform soul, jazz and R&B Saturday, Oct. 4, from 8 to 9:30 p.m. in the courtyard at One Colorado.
Tuesday, Oct. 7, from, 4 to 8 p.m. is Free Family Night at Kidspace Children's Museum. You and your children will explore legends and myths of different cultures with constellation creation, mythological monster mug shots and monster mouth-making. A sleight-of-hand magic show will begin at 6:30 p.m. in the Stone Hollow Amphitheater. Halloween costumes are encouraged!
This week's film in the Donald R. Wright Auditorium at Pasadena Central Library is "Mrs. Doubtfire" (1993, PG-13) starring Robin Williams and Sally Field Wednesday, Oct. 8, at 1 p.m. A divorced father disguises himself as a female housekeeper to spend time with his children.
The next supply of garden-ready mulch from Pasadena Public Works Department street tree trimmings will be available Friday, Oct. 10, at the southeast corner of the parking lot at Victory Park. Bring your own shovels, containers and gloves anytime between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. The mulch is available to Pasadena residents only. This is the final opportunity until February 2015.
Enjoy an evening of art, music, dance, drama and more when ArtNight Pasadena returns Friday, Oct. 10, from 6 to 10 p.m. Nearly 20 of Pasadena's most prominent arts and cultural institutions will open their doors for free! Hop on/hop off shuttles at every venue will take you door to door, or you can drive, ride your bike or amble at your own speed. Here's the lineup:
* A celebration of nature and art, a workshop with the Los Angeles Children's Chorus and more at Kidspace Children's Museum
* A glimpse into China's dramatic cultural changes through art from the 1960s to 1980s at USC Pacific Asia Museum
* A rotating lineup of dance artists from the greater L.A. area at ARC (A Room to Create) Pasadena
* ArtNight shuttles and musical entertainment at Pasadena City Hall
* ARTrhythm at Paseo Colorado with a Peruvian trio, African rhythms and steel drummers
* Contemporary Masters IV and live music at Pasadena Museum of History
* Current exhibitions with music by Buddy Zapata at Armory Center for the Arts
* Displays and videos of Jackie and Mack Robinson plus music by Roscoe Lee Owens JazzZone at Jackie Robinson Center
* Faculty art exhibition, live music performances and more at Boone Family Gallery at Pasadena City College's Center for the Arts
* Freewaves: Question the Projection at Sidestreet Projects
* Iron works and abstract paintings by Luis Ituarte and abstract landscape and figure paintings by Parvis Payghamy at Aahoo Art Gallery
* Jess and Robert Duncan's lifelong artistic partnership, feminist photography and the Kosmic Krylon Garage at Pasadena Museum of California Art
* Luminosity presented by Light Bringer Project at Day One featuring mammal and ice sculptures, creative works from Room 13’s student-driven studios, an exhibition of African American prints, a drawing-with-light experience, music, edibles and much more.
* Make prints with DIY screen printers and join the Monster Mash-up workshop at artWORKS Teen Center
* Meet local authors, artists and storybook characters and enjoy musical performances, craft making, comics creators and more at Pasadena Central Library
* Music, Shakespeare and dance at Lineage Performing Arts Center
* MUSE/IQUE at The Levitt Pavilion in Memorial Park
* Open house at Norton Simon Museum
* REALSPACE at Art Center College of Design's Williamson Gallery featuring artists who explore the same natural world that scientists study
* Seventh annual art show featuring Southern California visual artists at Boston Court Performing Arts Center
* Sing-along show tunes and "Kiss Me, Kate" art exhibition at the Pasadena Playhouse
* Still life paintings, indoor and outdoor sculpture, wall hangings and live music at Offramp Gallery
SAVE THE DATE!
The annual Open House at Jet Propulsion Laboratory is Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 11, and 12, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. With the theme Welcome to Our Universe, the event will take visitors through the wonders of space.
Photo credits: Ann Erdman, Bandcamp, Kidspace Children's Museum, IMDB, Garden Splendor, ArtNight Pasadena, Playhouse District Association, JPL