This is not your grandmother's book festival! It's irreverent, informative and incorporates theater, music, poetry and more.
There's a whole slate of activities:
- author readings and interviews from Lian Dolan at 10 a.m. to Pulitzer Prize-winner Jonathon Gold at 4:10
- 10 panel discussions throughout the day on topics such as Los Angeles Noir, Cookbooks in the Age of Epicurious and Writing in Collaboration: Creativity and Soul-Crushing Compromise
- more than 40 exhibitors including Pasadena Public Library, Prospect Park Books, Rare Bird Lit, Red Hen Press, Sisters in Crime L.A., UCLA Extension Writers Program and Vroman's Bookstore
- more than 25 authors signing their books just for you
- children's activities from storytellers to a Quiddich demonstration
- gourmet food trucks
Larry Wilson, public editor of the Pasadena Star-News, wrote it up in his column today. You'll find it here and it will answer many of your questions and provide additional insights.
LitFest Pasadena is spearheaded by Larry; Jervey Tervalon, novelist and USC creative writing teacher; and Tom Coston, president of the Light Bringer Project and driving force behind the DooDah Parade.
LitFest Pasadena is a project of Pasadena Arts Council's EMERGE Fiscal Sponsorship Program.
I'll see you there!