Search This Blog

Thursday, March 13, 2014

San Antonio River Walk


Yesterday my sister Charlou and I went to San Antonio, about 45 minutes from where we're staying in New Braunfels. We're loving our time in the Texas Hill Country.

We really enjoyed the River Walk!

We strolled along its tree-lined paths, crossed over stone arched bridges and marveled at lush landscapes as the River Walk gently winded its way through the center of San Antonio. That's Charlou on a path below.


We hopped on to one of the San Antonio River Cruises.


I shot this as the boat went under a bridge:


I shot these from the tops of bridges:




This is a lovely amphitheater. The stage is on one side of the San Antonio River and the audience sits on the other side.


I took these photos while we were on the boat tour:



And these I shot while we were strolling along walkways:
 



The city's patron saint, San Antonio de Padua: 


Today we've got another big adventure planned. I'll blog about it tomorrow morning.

Yee-haw, y'all!

3 comments:

  1. I had no idea Texas was so beautiful. Well, I've only been to Plano and Houston. And that was on business, which can play havoc on the attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely; I also had no idea and it's great to "see" a place that wasn't on my bucket list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was there long ago. It looks even nicer now, having had a chance to mature.

    ReplyDelete